Monday, October 15, 2018

An Upside Down Tart

I've made this tart a few times now and it is delicious! It's an upside down honeyed pear and  macadamia tart. It was a recepie I spotted being made on the Lifestyle Food Channel some years ago, so Googled and found it in writing. I've tried Googling now to share the recepie, but I seem to be having trouble finding this particular one. Lucky I saved to my favourite recepie book at the time.

It's taken me a few goes to get it right, and it can be a bit tricky as it needs to turn upside down at just the right time. Too hot and it goes everywhere, too cold and it sticks and will not come out of it's cooking dish.

 Its started off with butter, honey and lime zest, melted and placed in a foil lined tart tray. Then there is the layer of pears. Finally there is the base mix of blitzed macadamia nuts, flour, eggs, butter, sugar and more lime zest. The lime zest gives it a lively zing ! It's baked in the oven, then left to sit for a while before tuning out.

I find it best served with some whipped cream and a lime syrup. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment