Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Stuffed Tomatoes

I love stuffed tomatoes, they are a nice accompaniment to have with most meats, especially lamb.

To make them, I try to choose tomatoes that sit level in a dish, but this is not always possible. I just wash the tomatoes, cut out the core part out that attaches to the stem, then gently remove the flesh and seeds from the inside. I save this to add to my stuffing later. There should be enough flesh left to give the tomato structure.

The stuffing is made of soft bred crumbs, grated cheese, the chopped up center of the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and whatever herbs I have at the time. There is usually fresh parsley from the garden, some basil and some oregano. Just mix it all together and place spoonfuls of the stuffing  inside the hollowed out tomatoes.

The tomatoes are then placed on an oven proof dish and baked in a moderate oven for about 25-30 minutes. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment