Thursday, September 27, 2018

Jam Drops

Jam drops are an old fashioned biscuit that have stood the test of time. I tried to find out the history behind them but Mr Google was not co-operating. All I know is that my Mother used to bake them when I was a child.

Back in my 20's I was gathering together a collection of recepie books, in particular the Women's Weekly ones. I have quite a few of them now, both hard covered ones and soft cover ones. The recepie for these biscuits is in my little hard covered Women's Weekly 100 Delicious Biscuits & Slices book.

Basically they are a biscuit dough rolled in a ball, squashed flat, an indentation made with a thumb which is then filled with jam. They are then baked in an oven until golden.

I make them from time to time, and when I do I make double or triple batches because they always go quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment