Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A White Chocolate Mud Cake


Strawberries have been so cheap lately and I have been trying different ways to have them. Back when we were kids we used to have a strawberry patch, and my Mum would just wash them, cut them up and sprinkle them with a little sugar. These were just left to stand for a while and we would have them with icecream. Now I know this to be called macerated strawberries, but I use icing sugar to make the process a little faster.

Some years ago I used to get free strawberries from my green grocer and I used to do the same, but after a while I looked for other ways to make them go further. Back then I learnt to make chocolate cake in a big muffin tins, and combined with the strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream we had dessert.

This time I tried something different again, a white chocolate mud cake. It's the first time I've made one, and I need to look for a new recepie. This one I found on-line and it was a bit dry. Iced with a white chocolate ganache frosting, sprinkled with coconut, it was the perfect accompaniment to the macerated strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment