Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Gingerbread Christmas Trees


I've always been a biscuit maker, even as a child. Over the years though, my biscuit repertoire has grown. I've collected recipes from all kinds of places, friends, family, books, magazines, and even the internet now. As I have gone along, I have looked for and collected a variety of biscuit cutters too, and now have quite a collection.

The Christmas tree cutter has been in my collection for about ten years now. I spotted the  set of four Christmas cutters in a kitchen shop one day so quickly made them mine. The gingerbread Christmas trees have been part of our Christmas now for the last few years.

Initially I was inspired by one of my stitching friends who makes the most stunning shortbread Christmas Trees drizzled in white chocolate. So I dug out my cutter, made a batch of gingerbread, drizzled them with melted chocolate, and sprinkled over hundreds and thousands before the chocolate set.

The drizzled chocolate and hundreds and thousands add just enough sweetness, and if kept in an airtight container, the biscuits will last quite a while. A good one to have over the Christmas week.

No comments:

Post a Comment